Our Journey

Join us Sunday Morning 9:00am and 10:30am on the corner of Stop 8 and Miller Lane

Friday, May 22, 2009

Haiti Friday

My heart has broken today.... In the states we see people who beg on the street and we are unsure if they are really in need. Here in Haiti they are always in need. There are children who live on the street who have to wipe down cars to make enough money to get by. I could not believe the amount of poverty and hopelessness. We walked through the streets today, the people stared at us... some of the children followed us when we left. they wanted money or food. I so wish we could have taken our food and given it to him. I now have a new perspective on food portions. I throw so much away and so many have so little.

My prayer tonight is for all the people without food have food. I don't know how but that is my prayer.

blessings, Marie