Our Journey

Join us Sunday Morning 9:00am and 10:30am on the corner of Stop 8 and Miller Lane

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Haiti or bust!!

Greetings from not so sunny Miami,



Well, I thought we were getting to Haiti on Monday, but apparently we needed a lesson in patience and flexibility. We missed our connecting flight in Tampa so we were held back to from Haiti. We got a hotel room and crashed for the night. It was a 12 hour ordeal, yet we still laughed and saw God's grace around is.



Some of the things I saw yesterday:



A man with the longest dreedlocks that I have ever seen. They were down to his ankles. Rudy Rasimus talks about how his goatee is a filter to keep judgemental people out. I wondered if this was the guy's filter. He seemed like a nice guy. I guess you can't judge a book by it's cover.



The woman who helped us initally at the United ticket counter was having a rough day. She was short and did not break a smile the entire hour that we stood next to her. She did however go and ask the questions to see why we were still waiting to be helped.



I saw a little girl who was shy at first and then opened up to Karen and I. She now talks to us nonstop. A girl after my own heart.



I am praying for all of you. I know that transformation happens when we least expect it... look for those changing moments at each intersection today.



Blessings and Peace... we are off to Haiti (or so we think)



Marie